ASTM International is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts within our offices, across our governance structure, and throughout our global communities. We value every voice, bringing together people from various backgrounds, cultures, experiences, and genders. This commitment makes our work more impactful and enables us to more effectively fulfill our mission to serve global societal needs and help our world work better. We take seriously the responsibility to develop initiatives that lift all voices. This is a journey, and each day we strive to further our progress and promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for our staff, our members, and the world around us.
Every voice is unique so every voice matters.
- Open to all with interest in ASTM International’s standardization or related activities – engineers, researchers, scientists, academicians, government representatives, consultants, consumers, students, and more.
- Diversity of industries represented increases the value proposition of standards, acceleration of solutions, and innovation.
- 36,000+ members from more than 160 nations.
Learn more about ASTM membership.
- ASTM International strives to bring a diverse array of voices to the leadership of the organization.
- From our 24-member board of directors (and advisory committees) representing industry, government, academia, national standards bodies, and consumers, to our internal leadership teams, it is the goal of the organization to foster an environment that values leadership styles from various backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
Learn more about ASTM International’s Board of Directors.
- Diverse array of backgrounds, identities, languages spoken, etc., among 275 staff/consultants.
- Offices in the US, Peru, UK, Belgium, Sweden, China, Singapore, and Canada.
- Longstanding values of mission, family, and belonging.
- Our individual uniqueness drives our collective strength.
See our Equal Employment Opportunity statement.